Finding a good condition classic BMW 6 series to convert into a race vehicle is not an easy feat and this one in particular was perfect for the conversion.
- Front electric windows
- Flocked dashboard
- Bespoke door cards and roof lining made.
- Adjustable floor mounted Tilton pedal box with the necessary accessories all fittings, pipes and reservoirs are genuine Tilton.
- VDO oil, water temp and fuel gauges. Stack Rev Counter
- Plumbed in fire extinguisher system.
- Sabelt Steering Wheel
- Sabelt Safety Belts
- Cobra race seat
- Stock M30b35 bottom end with the following modifications to the engine
- The cylinder head was flowed and ported by Van der Linde Developments
- Standard single throttle body
- OEM water bottle and pipes
- OEM radiator
- Accusump system fitted for Oil pressure
- Diktator engine management system
- 1000cc Bosch fuel injectors (You can use either AVGAS, Race Fuel or ethanol)
- SP Components Connecting Rod Set, 135mm, Incl. ARP 2000 Bolts
- JE Forged Piston Set, M30b35, 92.5mm,
- MLS Head Gasket, M30, 92mm x 0.070″
- ARP Head Stud Kit, M30
- It managed a 208 kw @ 6200rpm on the dyno
The Suspension is made up of the following
- Original rear suspension with Bespoke aluminium uprights built by Mark Sax with new Eibach springs
- Front uprights built by Marx Sax with new Eibach springs
- Original front suspension with poly bushings replacing the OEM parts
- Alcon Braking system in the front
- Original Brakes in the rear
- Adjustable front and rear brakes via the pedal box and the in line brake proportioning valve.
- BBS 17 inch by 10J rims with Bridgestone Semi Slicks
- All original steel panels
- Fiberglass boot spoiler
- Original Front and Rear windscreen
- Sunroof closed in
- Original Fuel Tank
- Complete respray both inside and outside.
- Original bumpers and lower front spat
- British touring car livery
This vehicle ran a 1:1.7 in Port Elizabeth in its first outing. The car has been raced on 4 separate occasions where it has won its class outright in all 4 events. Contact us for more info